Editorial Mission Statement:
As the official blog of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers, Inc. (SCTE), the editorial mission of tech.know TM is to provide quality, credible, informative, and valuable information on the latest technology, innovation, and thought leadership to educate and foster the advancement of cable and telecommunications engineering.
We want to raise awareness by showcasing the cool factor behind the technologies that are fundamental to cable telecommunications networks and highlight how the knowledge and use of them provide value to society. We intend for this blog to serve as a resource and forum to bring together technology movers and shakers to sound off on the tech topics that we post. We want our readers to engage in the conversation by sharing opinions, adding value to discussions, providing relevant information, and “geeking-out” on the power of connecting the world.
We created this editorial statement to make it clear that we are open, transparent, and focused on discussing technology solutions. We realize that technical innovation is often proprietary and certain intellectual property rights come with it, but we are not here to sell products or technology services in any way. Instead this platform is a sounding board for sharing ideas, obtaining feedback, and generating new thinking on existing and emerging technologies. We’re here to point out tech topics that need attention — whether it’s to generate participation in their development; promote their value, use, and integration; or to provide information and opinion on where they are headed.
Be at the leading edge of technology by following and getting involved.
We welcome leads and ideas for post topics. If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posts and Authors
This blog is hosted by the SCTE, which is a neutral, non-profit industry association that seeks to represent the industry equally. Posts are written by individual staff members and content is vetted through industry subject matter experts. Posts are reviewed before publication and any opinions expressed are not intended to represent the absolute position of SCTE.
At our discretion, some posts may be opened for comments from the community. We encourage our followers to participate in a free and open exchange of ideas, while asking them to respect a reasonable code of conduct.
We ask that readers understand that this blog may contain triggering words and ideas, and that we cannot be responsible for all comments. A free and wide-ranging discussion of topics may conflict with opinions of some readers. Please be conscious of this if you choose to read our blog. We ask that anyone wishing to comment exercise extreme discretion to avoid any triggering language.
While we understand the importance of sharing personal stories and promoting relevant company information, this blog is not an appropriate venue in which to do so. Please understand that this blog is a place for sharing professional, informative information.
Commercial messages with corporate or personally identifiable information of any sort — phone numbers, email addresses, etc. — is not permitted.
Please do not use any harsh, angry, obscene, or graphic language. Individual attacks will not be permitted under any circumstances.
Please keep your comments short, clear to the point, and relevant. We have the right to remove any comment(s) that don’t adhere to our guidelines or policies.
Sharing and Reposting
Readers are encouraged to like and to share blog posts with others in their social media networks. However, please do not repost content found on this blog without permission from SCTE.
To receive permission to repost, please email email@example.com.
SCTE grants to the user of this site a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to participate in and use this blog “AS IS” and subject to the conditions stated herein. SCTE accepts no responsibility for the opinions or content posted on this site.
USERS OF THIS SERVICE ASSUME ALL RISKS AND SCTE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCTE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THIS SITE.
This blog is provided as a public service. By joining and using this service, you are agreeing that you have read and will abide by the policies and guidelines set forth for this blog. SCTE reserves the sole right to suspend or terminate membership, participation, and/or access on any or all lists for those who refuse to follow the Policies and Guidelines. SCTE also reserves the sole right to modify, edit, change or amend these Policies and Guidelines at any time. Abiding by the following Policies and Guidelines will ensure that all participants will benefit from a stimulating and respectful environment while sharing ideas and participating in an interactive exchange.
- Please treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Please avoid challenging or attacking language.
- Please refrain from any activity that is defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, obscene, pornographic, racist, violent, harassing, illegal or otherwise offensive to SCTE or other users. This type of behavior is strictly prohibited.
- Job postings are not permitted.
- Any information or other material protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights may not be posted, published or distributed in a way that violates or infringes on those rights without the express permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party also agrees to grant SCTE the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate participants to arrive at any undertaking or agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, boycotting, or any other conduct considered to be anti-competitive, monopolizing, or which is intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages which encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Commercial messages are prohibited.
- Please remember you are using a service that numerous others are also using. Avoid conduct that is inconsiderate or causes inconvenience to others.
- Please do not send administrative messages; such as “Remove me from the list.” Instead, use the online interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from the list.
- Please do not send attachments with your comments. Comments with attachments will be rejected.
If you do not agree to these guidelines, you are free to remove your email address from the list or unsubscribe from feeds at any time by managing your profile.